The power of positive self-talk can increase happiness and success.
This is a guide covering positive affirmations.
We’ll be covering the following topics (click on a bullet point to jump to that section):
Table of Contents
Positive Affirmations to Repeat for Success and Happiness
The power of positive self-talk to increase happiness and success has been well documented. Positive affirmations — a form of positive self-talk — communicates value about yourself to your brain.
Whenever we are about to take up an endeavor that involves a bit of a risk, the mind becomes our worst critic, making us question whether we are even up to the task.
Self-sabotage, self-doubt, and low self-confidence can cripple our efforts, and the negative self-talk can entrench itself deeper into our psyche if left unchecked.
Studies have proven the benefits of positive self-affirmations. This study concluded that positive self-affirmation releases a person from self-constraints imposed by negative thinking.
Positive affirmations do this by narrowing the threat down in comparison to one’s sense of personal ability.
Let’s now take a look at the definition of positive self-affirmation before diving into the list of short positive affirmations you can use anywhere and anytime to prime your mind for success.
Positive affirmations are short sentences of empowerment that help you wrest power from negative beliefs. By saying them out loud, under your breath, or even just writing them out in a journal can help reorient your thoughts to align with your goals.
This article is about positive affirmations. A list of positive affirmations will follow, and it is up to you to choose which ones resonate with you the best.
What are Examples of Positive Affirmations?
Examples of positive affirmations are listed below:
- I am in charge of my feelings
- I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
- Nothing can hurt me unless I let it.
- I create my own destiny
- I accept myself for who I am
Using words like these that encourage, inspire, and uplift are excellent examples of positive affirmations.
Repeating positive affirmations to yourself, while at the same time trying to push the negativity out of your mind, can help transform your life and manifest your dreams.
Positive Affirmations for Success
Here is a list of positive affirmations for success. Use these to help drive your career, increase your productivity, and build resilient motivation.
- I can achieve anything I put my mind to.
- I can overcome any obstacle because I am resilient.
- I am deserving of the success I want to achieve.
- Stick to the right path and don’t waver.
- My business will thrive and succeed because I put my effort and sweat into it every day.
- I am going to rich beyond my wildest dreams.
- I show up every day to crush my day and stand out from the competition.
- I focus on the task at hand, and I will do it to the best of my abilities.
- I am like a rock: unnerved by competition and unmoved by the stormiest waves.
- I crush my goals because I am consistent.
Positive Affirmations for Self Love
We all struggle with self-love from time to time. But loving yourself is the best way to eliminate self-doubt and low self-confidence.
So here is a list of short positive affirmations and quotes that will help you fall in love with yourself again.
- The chance to love and be loved exists no matter where you are — Oprah
- I am complete and enough just the way I am.
- It’s not my fault if some people hate me. It’s their choice, and I don’t have to feel bad about myself.
- I attract the best people.
- I am good enough.
- I am attractive and sociable.
- I am proud of myself for being where I am today.
- I create positive vibes wherever I go.
- I am the best version of myself, and I work to improve myself every day.
- I am deserving of my relationships and that my friends and family are lucky to have me.
Positive Affirmations for Anxiety
Anxiety can be crippling. It limits us in ways where we are unable to realize our truest potential.
Anxiety means that the negative thoughts become dominant and leave us feeling we are unworthy, under threat, or have a deficiency.
Here is a list of short positive affirmations that can help you take back your power.
- I will be okay no matter what.
- I hold the power to react positively to whatever happens.
- The past has no hold over me.
- I am deliberate and afraid of nothing — Audre Lord
- Resist and persist — Epictetus
- All is going to be well.
- I am stillness.
- I breathe, and with each exhalation, I am becoming calmer.
- I believe in myself and in my potential to overcome and thrive.
- I crush my goals because I am consistent.
Positive Affirmations for Students
Students these days are prone to depression and anxiety more than they have ever been because of the nature of the intense academic competition and the receding job market.
Positive affirmations can help students feel unstuck, take charge of their lives, and feel a sense of gratitude even in the middle of stressful times.
Here is a list of positive affirmations for students.
- I am in competition with myself and not with anyone else in the class or on social media.
- I am constantly learning from my failures and improving my abilities every day.
- I expand my comfort zone every day because I never stop trying new things.
- I have enormous potential, and my grades are not a reflection of who I am as a person.
- My hard work brings me a step closer to my goals with each passing day.
- Nothing is impossible if I have an indomitable will to achieve my study goals.
- My desire to learn new things increases daily.
- I am an avid reader with an exceptional memory.
- Failure doesn’t define me, I will start again with the experience of failure.
- Nothing can distract me when I study.
Positive Affirmations for Kids
Kids are encouraged by their parents, teachers, and other adults to learn and experience new things.
Here is a list of positive affirmations that can help kids be their own supporters.
- I can be anything I want to be.
- I learn new things every day.
- I help people because I am a kind person.
- I have overcome obstacles in the past, and I am capable of doing it again.
- I am worthy of love and attention just because I exist.
- I am grateful for all the things I have in life.
- I am creative and imaginative.
- I rely on myself to change my circumstances.
- I manifest my own reality.
- I treat people with respect because I have a good character.
Positive affirmations can change your life.
With the power of positive affirmations, you can flip your internal script that has been sabotaging your life, relationships, and career and create a life of your dreams.
Adopt any of these positive affirmations that best suit your situation.
Sikandar is opinionated on a diverse set of topics that include, but are not limited to, Productivity, Health, Fitness, Motivation, and Career. He is in love with the written word and writes mainly to help others on their self-actualizing journeys. A journalist by education, getting to the bottom of things is his modus operandi. Often, he finds himself moonlighting as a life coach to his family, friends, and colleagues. He can be reached at his LinkedIn for collaboration.