The power of positive self-talk can increase happiness and success.
This is a guide covering positive affirmations.
We’ll be covering the following topics (click on a bullet point to jump to that section):
50 Positive Affirmations
The power of positive self-talk to increase happiness and success has been well documented. Positive affirmations — a form of positive self-talk — communicate value about yourself to your brain.
Whenever we are about to take up an endeavor that involves a bit of a risk, the mind becomes our worst critic, making us question whether we are even up to the task.
Self-sabotage, self-doubt, and low self-confidence can cripple our efforts, and the negative self-talk can entrench itself deeper into our psyche if left unchecked.
Studies have proven the benefits of positive self-affirmations. This study concluded that positive self-affirmation releases a person from self-constraints imposed by negative thinking.
Positive affirmations do this by narrowing the threat down in comparison to one’s sense of personal ability.
Let’s now take a look at the definition of positive self-affirmation before diving into the list of short positive affirmations you can use anywhere and anytime to prime your mind for success.
Positive affirmations are short sentences of empowerment that help you wrest power from negative beliefs. Saying them out loud, under your breath, or even just writing them out in a journal can help reorient your thoughts to align with your goals.
This article is about positive affirmations. A list of positive affirmations will follow, and it is up to you to choose which ones resonate with you the best.
Examples of positive affirmations are listed below:
- I am in charge of my feelings
- I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
- Nothing can hurt me unless I let it.
- I create my own destiny
- I accept myself for who I am
Using words like these that encourage, inspire, and uplift are excellent examples of positive affirmations.
Repeating positive affirmations to yourself, while at the same time trying to push the negativity out of your mind, can help transform your life and manifest your dreams.
Positive Affirmations for Success
Here is a list of positive affirmations for success. Use these to help drive your career, increase your productivity, and build resilient motivation.
- I can achieve anything I put my mind to.
- I can overcome any obstacle because I am resilient.
- I am deserving of the success I want to achieve.
- Stick to the right path and don’t waver.
- My business will thrive and succeed because I put my effort and sweat into it every day.
- I am going to be rich beyond my wildest dreams.
- I show up every day to crush my day and stand out from the competition.
- I focus on the task at hand, and I will do it to the best of my abilities.
- I am like a rock: unnerved by competition and unmoved by the stormiest waves.
- I crush my goals because I am consistent.
Positive Affirmations for Self Love
We all struggle with self-love from time to time. But loving yourself is the best way to eliminate self-doubt and low self-confidence.
So here is a list of short positive affirmations and quotes that will help you fall in love with yourself again.
- The chance to love and be loved exists no matter where you are — Oprah
- I am complete and enough just the way I am.
- It’s not my fault if some people hate me. It’s their choice, and I don’t have to feel bad about myself.
- I attract the best people.
- I am good enough.
- I am attractive and sociable.
- I am proud of myself for being where I am today.
- I create positive vibes wherever I go.
- I am the best version of myself, and I work to improve myself every day.
- I am deserving of my relationships and that my friends and family are lucky to have me.
Positive Affirmations for Anxiety
Anxiety can be crippling. It limits us in ways where we are unable to realize our truest potential.
Anxiety means that negative thoughts become dominant and leave us feeling we are unworthy, under threat, or have a deficiency.
Here is a list of short positive affirmations that can help you take back your power.
- I will be okay no matter what.
- I hold the power to react positively to whatever happens.
- The past has no hold over me.
- I am deliberate and afraid of nothing — Audre Lord
- Resist and persist — Epictetus
- All is going to be well.
- I am stillness.
- I breathe, and with each exhalation, I am becoming calmer.
- I believe in myself and in my potential to overcome and thrive.
- I crush my goals because I am consistent.
Positive Affirmations for Students
Students these days are prone to depression and anxiety more than they have ever been because of the nature of the intense academic competition and the receding job market.
Positive affirmations can help students feel unstuck, take charge of their lives, and feel a sense of gratitude even in the middle of stressful times.
Here is a list of positive affirmations for students.
- I am in competition with myself and not with anyone else in the class or on social media.
- I am constantly learning from my failures and improving my abilities every day.
- I expand my comfort zone every day because I never stop trying new things.
- I have enormous potential, and my grades are not a reflection of who I am as a person.
- My hard work brings me a step closer to my goals with each passing day.
- Nothing is impossible if I have an indomitable will to achieve my study goals.
- My desire to learn new things increases daily.
- I am an avid reader with an exceptional memory.
- Failure doesn’t define me, I will start again with the experience of failure.
- Nothing can distract me when I study.
Positive Affirmations for Kids
Kids are encouraged by their parents, teachers, and other adults to learn and experience new things.
Here is a list of positive affirmations that can help kids be their own supporters.
- I can be anything I want to be.
- I learn new things every day.
- I help people because I am a kind person.
- I have overcome obstacles in the past, and I am capable of doing it again.
- I am worthy of love and attention just because I exist.
- I am grateful for all the things I have in life.
- I am creative and imaginative.
- I rely on myself to change my circumstances.
- I manifest my own reality.
- I treat people with respect because I have a good character.
- Pen and Paper
- Sticky Notes
- Digital Devices
- Visualization Aids
- Inspirations Books or Apps (Optional)
- Journals or Notebooks
- Visualization Materials (Optional)
- Meditation or Relaxation Tools
- Choose Empowering Affirmations: Identify areas of your life where you want to cultivate positivity or overcome self-limiting beliefs. Create affirmations that reflect positive statements related to those areas. For example, if you want to boost self-confidence, an affirmation could be: "I am confident and capable in all that I do."
- Use the Present Tense: Phrase your affirmations in the present tense to reinforce the idea that they are already true and happening in your life.
Instead of saying, "I will be confident," say, "I am confident." This helps reprogram your subconscious mind.
- Repeat and Internalize: Repeat your affirmations regularly, ideally daily, to reinforce the positive messages in your mind.
Say them aloud or silently, whichever feels more comfortable to you. Repetition helps internalize the affirmations and make them a natural part of your thinking patterns.
- Believe and Visualize: Believe in the truth and power of your affirmations. Embrace them with conviction and genuine belief in their ability to manifest positive change. Visualize yourself embodying the qualities or outcomes described in your affirmations. Imagine the positive feelings and experiences associated with them.
- Integrate into Daily Routine: Incorporate affirmations into your daily routine. Repeat them during moments of self-reflection, meditation, or while engaging in activities like exercising, getting ready in the morning, or before important tasks. Write your affirmations on sticky notes and place them where you can see them throughout the day, like on your mirror, computer screen, or in your wallet. This serves as a constant reminder and reinforcement.
Positive affirmations can change your life.
With the power of positive affirmations, you can flip your internal script that has been sabotaging your life, relationships, and career and create the life of your dreams.
Adopt any of these positive affirmations that best suit your situation.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you flush out negative thoughts?
To flush out negative thoughts, try practicing mindfulness and self-awareness. Recognize negative thoughts as they arise, challenge them with positive affirmations or alternative perspectives, and focus on activities that bring joy and positivity into your life. Additionally, seeking support from loved ones, practicing self-care, and engaging in activities that promote relaxation and stress reduction can help in combating negative thinking patterns.
How can I clear my mind and think positive?
To clear your mind and think positively, incorporate mindfulness practices such as meditation or deep breathing exercises into your daily routine. Cultivate a positive mindset by focusing on gratitude, practicing self-care, surrounding yourself with uplifting influences, and challenging negative thoughts with affirmations and positive self-talk.
Sikandar is opinionated on a diverse set of topics that include, but are not limited to, Productivity, Health, Fitness, Motivation, and Career. He is in love with the written word and writes mainly to help others on their self-actualizing journeys. A journalist by education, getting to the bottom of things is his modus operandi. Often, he finds himself moonlighting as a life coach to his family, friends, and colleagues. He can be reached at his LinkedIn for collaboration.